Search Homes

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Luck Favors the Prepared

A classic line from the Incredibles. Elasti-girl talks with Eve about their new uniforms, exclaiming the baby doesn't have powers.  Eve's classic line rings so true.

A couple of things on my mind today.  First it was a great week ending this past Monday with the tenth of the eleven properties i sold in July settling.  Congratulations to Raymond on his new investment property in Media, 457 West Jefferson Street.

A great duplex, featuring two apartments each with two bedrooms, one bath and separate utilities.  It will have immediate positive cash flow.  Also, do you know someone looking for an apartment in Media?  These will be available for rent shortly at @$900-$950 per month.

Raymond fits our quote of the day.  If we listen to the negativity in the press and allow our fears to prevent our actions, where will our dreams end up?  There are not many vehicles for investment that will provide cash flow and appreciation.  Raymond did his homework.  He had a little help form me with area analysis, market value and getting the offer closed.  The owner he bought it from had owned the property since 1978.  What do you think that appreciation looked like.

Second, if you are working in Real Estate; what did you do today?  For those in the trenches, you already know this can be a brutal business; but what did you do different today?  I can't even begin to describe how pumped I am about my business this year.  I have been told how "lucky" I am and yes, I am grateful for whatever luck came my way.  Yet those same well wishers, could have been just as lucky if they worked as hard and more importantly changed what hey have "always" been doing.

I made several changes to my business practices in the last 18 months.  I have the great instructors at Keller Williams to thank for that.  The dynamic way my company shares innovation from our 80,000 associates is just inspiring.  The strategies that are identified, altered how I market my sellers homes and how I assist buyers in their quest.  Having access to those changes gave me an edge; implementing them more than doubled my business from the year before.  Luck favors the prepared.

If your thinking of selling or haven't been able to sell, I'd be happy to meet you for coffee and talk. Don't know if now is the time to buy?  can lend an ear there as well. Are you in the business and thinking of a move?  Let me buy you a coffee or beer and tell you about my last three years with Keller Williams.  It changed my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment