Search Homes

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Basement's Wet!!!

A "very recent" past client emailed me over the weekend and said, "The new house is great, but I just got 2" of water in the basement".  We also just got 3.5" of rain in a very short period.  How did you make out?

I think one of my home inspectors, who I have worked with over the years says it best.  Did you ever dig in the sand, at the beach, as a kid?  What happened when you dug a hole too close to the water?  It filled with water; right?  A basement is nothing more than a hole in the ground and given the right conditions, you are going to get water in it.

Not exactly comforting words!  So we had a big rain and you got some water in the basement.  First things first.  Where did it come in from?  It may be as easy as re-routing a gutter.  Here are some simple tips to help you dry out the basement and hopefully prevent it from getting wet next time.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/article/0,,220912,00.html

Have morequestions about basements or home buying or getting a home redy to sell?  Just drop me at the link below -

http://www.carladamshomes.com/contact/

Carl

No comments:

Post a Comment