Search Homes

Monday, April 7, 2014

The Spring Market is Hot! Let’s sell the house. An agent called, wrote, knocked on the door, emailed, tackled me at the Acme and said they have a buyer……… STOP!!!!!!

I was so cool! I even had a pager.....
I remember twenty years ago, when I first got my license.  Clinton was in the Whitehouse, I just got the original Motorola flip phone and if you wanted to find out what homes were for sale without actually talking to an agent, you went through the office trash, under the cover of darkness, to swipe last weeks mls book.   I was sitting floor duty (literally sitting at a desk, waiting for the phone to ring) and an older, more experienced agent was reliving the “glory days” of the late 1980’s.  “You should have been here son, if you listed it on Monday and it wasn’t sold by Tuesday you did something wrong! Those were the days and we’ll never see that again!”, said my friend.

We actually saw that market again several years later and for a longer period than in the late 80’s and we are starting to see that again, in some markets. Well that’s great isn’t it?  How cool would it be to sell your house in one day and for full price even?  Actually, that would depend who the buyer was and who else got a chance to see a house.
Who saw this house other than the person who bought it?
 
You will have to permit me a few minutes on my soap box, please.  We will soon see sold signs on your neighbors’ homes that say sold in a week, or sold in one day; nifty huh?  My other personal favorite is a sold sign goes up on your neighbor’s yard and you don’t remember seeing a for sale sign.  When you talk to the neighbor, they tell you how they sold it; “quietly”! What exactly does that mean?

In Pennsylvania, in most instances, you employ a Realtor as your agent.  The listing contract creates a fiduciary agreement, where your agent, now has fiduciary responsibilities on your behalf.  Specifically, these duties include Loyalty, Confidentiality, Disclosure, Obedience, Reasonable care and diligence and accounting.  So I list your house on Monday, bring a buyer I found through Monday night, they pay full price and I have a sold sign up the next morning before the next showing. Woo-hoo I sold it in one day!  I am so good and your so pleased; right?  NOooooooooooooooooooo!  I had a duty to show you reasonable care and diligence, remember?!  What about Loyalty?  Your best interests before mine?
Any potential agent you hire should be able to produce how many buyers visit and use their website
 
If I knew of 1 buyer for your home, and there are @4,000 other Realtors in the market, how many of those other agents have a buyer for your house?  2, 15, 100?  Test question; in the above situation, was I, a.) Representing the Seller, b.) Representing the buyer or c.) Representing the agent (me)?
The fact that your house is for sale should not be a secret!
 
The other term we often hear is that the home was a “quiet listing”.  Huh?  Is that a secret listing?  Maybe it’s being sold by a secret agent, governments are cutting back you know and James Bond has a real estate license (doesn’t everyone these days?).  Here’s how a quiet listing usually works.  A home is listed with an agent of a brokerage, and “with the seller’s permission” isn’t put into the multiple listing system.  The listing agent markets it through the other agents in their office, or multiple same franchises or other agents that he or she agent may think does business in the area.  The home sells of course in record time, possibly even for full price.  Isn’t that special?
http://www.carladamshomes.com/sell/
Click here to request a FREE Home Evaluation
What does this mean to you, if you’re thinking about selling your home? Be very careful.  Make sure your listing agent understands you want them to market your home to every possible buyer that is available to buy your home.  They should have no concern as to what brokerage brings the buyer.  Remember, you are hiring them to sell your home to the highest paying and best qualified buyer, which may not be their buyer, their offices buyer or their companies buyer.  If you are encouraged to list the home “quietly”; run.  If they want to bring their office and their buyers through before you are on the open market, say firmly; no thank you.
http://www.carladamshomes.com/mimarket/zip/19036/
Keep Up to Date on Home Sales in Your Neighborhood with our FREE Market Insider Report
 
If you are thinking of selling your home, you should think about interviewing at least three agents.  Ask your family, your friends and call agents that appear most busy in your area.  Ask each of these agents what their marketing strategy is and specifically, how will they get all of the buyers through your home before you get an offer?  Remember, they are supposed to be working for your best interests.  If an agent if being overly aggressive in having you sign a listing contract RIGHT KNOW, you can go onto the next one.  It is reasonable that a good agent will give you time to think about such a big decision and should have enough confidence in their abilities that they don’t need you to sign that instant.

You should also do a little research of your own on what’s for sale in the area.  For your convenience we have some market links below.

 

 

Want an easier solution?  Just contact my team and we will be happy to schedule a consultation or second opinion and show you why we should be your agent of choice.  For over twenty years countless home owners have successfully put their trust in us to sell their homes.  We can even provide you references but we are confident that you will immediately see the difference in preparation and marketing strategies when you meet with us.  You owe it to yourself, as you sell your largest single asset, to do your homework.

 
http://app.kw.com/KW2I1YOVO
Download Our Free Mobile APP to search ALL homes for sale and Find Your Next Home

 

2 comments:

  1. Here is Mr Benjamin contact Email details,lfdsloans@outlook.com. / lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com Or Whatsapp +1 989-394-3740 that helped me with loan of 90,000.00 Euros to startup my business and I'm very grateful,It was really hard on me here trying to make a way as a single mother things hasn't be easy with me but with the help of Le_Meridian put smile on my face as i watch my business growing stronger and expanding as well.I know you may surprise why me putting things like this here but i really have to express my gratitude so anyone seeking for financial help or going through hardship with there business or want to startup business project can see to this and have hope of getting out of the hardship..Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    I am Anya Bennett, a financial writer. I write on several finance related topics like debt, loans, insurance, investment and so on. I came across your blog while surfing through the internet to find a suitable blog for writing articles. It is highly resourceful with rich and nice contents and has a vivid presentation. I must appreciate your hard work and wish you good luck.

    I was wondering if anyone here is looking for a positive loan lender to execute your project or financial needs? I'm recommending such a person to contact Mr Pedro Jerome (pedroloanss@gmail.com) who has helped a lot of young & old entrepreneurs around the globe for financial assistance so I'm very sure that Mr Pedro can help at a 2% rate loan service to anyone here looking for a loan.
    Thank you again for allowing me to write on your blog. I'm sure I provided you with an absolutely unique and relevant article so that it can be useful to your readers.
    If you are displeased with my short note, I cordially regret it in advance.

    My Kind Regards,
    Anya Bennett.

    ReplyDelete